Screening means looking for a disease at an early stage so that it can be treated before it goes on to cause illness.
At Eden Court we take part in a number of screening programmes and we encourage patients in the appropriate groups to take part.
We have 5 main screening programmes:
- Cervical screening (a smear test) checks the health of your cervix. The cervix is the opening to your womb from your vagina.
- It's not a test for cancer, it's a test to help prevent cancer.
- All women and people with a cervix aged 25 to 64 should be invited by letter.
- During the screening appointment, a small sample of cells will be taken from your cervix.
- The sample is tested for changes to the cells of your cervix.
- Finding abnormal changes early means they can be monitored or treated so they do not get a chance to turn into cervical cancer.
- You will be informed by letter of your results
For more details ask your GP/nurse or go to www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-screening/
We offer FREE chlamydia screening for people aged 16-25. Ask at reception (or during your consultation) for a brown box which contains all the necessary kit. Simply return the kit via a
Royal Mail postbox .